From national holidays to local celebrations, there are many occasions on the Italy calendar for fun and tradition.
Drill down by month to find ideas for your itinerary.
January in Italy | February in Italy | March in Italy | April in Italy | May in Italy | June in Italy | July in Italy | August in Italy | September in Italy | October in Italy | November in Italy | December in Italy
National Holidays in Italy
The following days are national holidays in Italy. Expect schools, government offices, and businesses to be closed on these dates, if not also museums and some major sites.
- January 1 – New Year’s Day
- January 6 – Epiphany
- March or April – Easter
- March or April – Easter Monday
- April 25 – Liberation Day
- May 1 – International Workers’ Day
- June 2 – Republic Day
- August 15 – Ferragosto
- November 1 – All Saints’ Day
- December 8 – Day of the Immaculate Conception
- December 25 – Christmas Day
- December 26 – Saint Stephen’s Day