The region of Campania is where you will find Naples, the Amalfi Coast, and the Flegrean Islands of Capri, Ischia, and Procida.
Map of Campania
Campania is the ninth largest region in Italy and is bordered by Lazio, Molise, Abruzzo, Puglia, and Calabria.
Where to Go in Campania
Campania has six sites that are designated as World Heritage Sites by UNESCO. They are marked in red on the map and listed below:
- 18th-Century Royal Palace at Caserta with the Park, the Aqueduct of Vanvitelli, and the San Leucio Complex
- Amalfi Coast (Costiera Amalfitana)
- Archaeological Areas of Pompei, Herculaneum and Torre Annunziata
- Cilento and Vallo di Diano National Park with the Archeological Sites of Paestum and Velia, and the Certosa di Padula
- Historic Centre of Naples
- Santa Sofia Complex, Benevento (Longobard Site)
The island group known as the Flegrean Islands is part of the Metropolitan City of Naples and includes the islands of Capri, Ischia, and Procida. They are marked in blue on the map above.