Italy Has Reopened.
Italy reopened to international visitors on May 16, 2021.
You can read more about the details in my recent newsletter.
There are still restrictions on travel for citizens from certain countries. However, as of this writing, travelers from the EU, UK, USA, and Israel are eligible to visit Italy for leisure travel provided they test negative for COVID-19 prior to entry.
The best place to find information about travel to Italy is via your country’s embassy in Italy. If yours is not below, browse this list of diplomatic missions in Italy (PDF) from the Italian Foreign Ministry.
- United States Embassy Rome – Italy Travel and COVID-19
- British Embassy Rome – COVID-19 Travel Advice
- Australian Embassy Rome – COVID-19 Information
- Canadian Embassy Rome – Italy COVID advisory
- Embassy of Ireland Rome – COVID situation advisory for Italy travel
Italy Travel Guides
- Rome Travel Guide
- Florence Travel Guide
- Venice Travel Guide
- UNESCO Sites in Italy
- Italian Cities and Regions